HOW IT ALL BEGAN
The Décor Room was officially born on 1 July 2012 after Hilary and Michelle spotted a gap in the event planning market.
They realised that they had an opportunity to provide Event Management companies with a unique service which included more than just providing bespoke décor concepts and elements. Instead, The Décor Room goes the extra mile to source and supply the décor for all types of events.
Since then, we’ve been involved in some of Gauteng’s biggest and grandest events, such as:
- The Afrikoa Café Launch - Rosebank
- The African Investment Gala Dinner – Sandton Convention Centre
- The Gauteng Premier’s Gala Dinner – Emperor’s Palace
- The BCX Annual Conference - Centurion Offices
- The ITWEB Ladies Day - The Four Seasons and The Marion on Nicol
- The Global Citizen Gala Dinner - Sandton Convention Centre
- The Gamsberg Zinc Mine Launch – Black Mountain in the Kalahari Desert
We’ve provided the Easter Sports Festival décor for these prestigious Johannesburg schools; St. Stithians College, King Edward VII and St. Johns College. You’ll also find large corporate events such as conferences and year-end events for a Cellular Company at venues such the Scarlet Ribbon in Longmeadow, Montecasino and The Forum in our portfolio.
In addition, we’ve been involved in several roadshows for various companies. The events take place all over the country in places such as Polokwane, Limpopo, Klerksdorp, Pretoria, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Bloemfontein, East London, Port Elizabeth and Durban.
As The Décor Room continues to grow, we look forward to pushing the limits of our creativity while delivering events that exceed our client’s expectations.